Clearly I’m fond of beverage recipes. Lately I’ve been drinking a cup of this coffee in the mornings (and making the kids a decaf coffee or decaf chai version), and it’s plenty of fat to hold me over until lunch. As a tandem nursing mom, that isn’t easy to do! I lost nearly ten pounds this week–granted, we’ve been hiking everyday and I’ve got a lot to lose, but it’s very exciting.
Sweet Butter Coffee (bulletproof style ketogenic coffee)
A delicious modified version of bulletproof coffee.
- 1 Cup Coffee My family uses Elite instant coffee
- 1 Tbsp Butter We use Kerrygold
- 1 Tbsp MCT or coconut oil
- 3 Drops Liquid stevia
- 2 Tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp Collagen hydrosolate powder Optional--I don't use this in the mornings, but put it in the kid's drinks. We use Great Lakes brand.
- Dash Himalayan salt
In a blender (or a milk frother or whatever, I use a magic bullet) combine everything. Let butter and oil melt.
Blend until frothy, about 5 seconds. If you are using a bullet like me, be careful! Pressure can build up quickly.
Pour into a mug and enjoy.