This is just a fun way to recycle your old dryer sheets into something pretty and potentially useful. The great part is that it’s so simple kids can do it, too. I like using them in vases with paper flowers,especially with painted paper. I’ve considered trying to crochet strips into something, but haven’t tried it yet.
Used fabric softener sheets
Cups or bowls with water
1. Add 15-20 drops of food coloring per cup of water. You can mix yellow and red for orange, and blue and green for turquoise. I have tried purple and am just never happy with the resulting grayish color–it lacks the vibrance of the other colors–but let me know if you figure out how to make purple work.
2. Push dryer sheets into the colored water until immersed. They should easily stay under the water once wet.
3. Let sit overnight, 8-12 hours.
4. Remove from water and lay flat or hang to dry.
5. Have fun playing with these.