I never liked apple pie as a kid in spite of wanting to. Every time I tried it something about the texture of the apples was never quite right to me; they would be partially crunchy with peels still clinging to the sides. Finally I’ve learned what I didn’t like about it! Crunchy cooked apple isn’t for me.
- This apple filling
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granular swerve
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. Make apple filling.
- In a large microwavable mixing bowl, combine mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds to a minute, until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove from microwave and vigorously stir with fork.
- Add egg and stir.
- Add swerve, cinnamon, salt, coconut flour, and almond flour. Mix together until doughy. You will need to knead with your hands towards the end.
- Using a folded piece of parchment paper and rolling pin, pull a small ball of dough out. Roll the dough into a rectangle shape about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spoon a large spoonful of apples into the middle. Using the parchment paper, fold the sides of the dough over the apples, enveloping them in a pouch. Set aside on baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until dough is used up.
- Bake for 20 minutes.