Some mornings I feel like making something a little different for the kids. They will only eat eggs for so many days in a row, and I like experimenting on them. 🙂 This porridge is quick and easy, with only a minimal amount of work required.
If you have leftover pumpkin, it’s so great to freeze in small containers or an ice cube tray for later. I’ve been keeping it around in cubes for fall.
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped or ground
- 1/4 cup almond meal or flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond (or other) milk
- 7-10 stevia drops
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or alternative (I use Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup)
1. In a small pot combine almond flour, pumpkin, pecans, and almond milk and simmer.
2. Add stevia drops, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir and allow to simmer for another minute.
Stir in maple syrup. Remove from heat.
Serve with whipped cream or a drizzle of kefir for a hearty, fall inspired breakfast or satisfying dessert.