Eggs are a wonderful beginning to the day, and with sausage doubly so! But all ya’ll who like runny eggs, ew. Milk in eggs? That’s just wrong. I used to wonder why I hated eggs as a kid. It’s because they had copious amounts of milk poured in and were a runny, goopy mess. With age comes wisdom, I guess.
These are the eggs that you need to jazz up your breakfast routine. You’ll thank me later.
- 2-4 eggs
- 1/4 lb sausage
- 1/2-1 onion, diced (I prefer red)
- Sliced mushroom (optional)
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2-4 tbsp cooking fat
- Salt to taste
- Throw onions, mushrooms, and sausage into a pan. Fry on high heat until sausage is cooked through and the vegetables are caramelizing.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add red pepper flakes and eggs. Mix.
- Continue to cook, stirring until the eggs start to turn golden brown. Remove from heat, salt, and serve.