Some nights I just want to throw stuff into my small 2 quart crockpot and have a warm drink for the kids when we wake up. This recipe is a great, low effort take on a classic winter comfort drink, and so easy!
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- cream, milk, or nut milk
- (optional) 1 tbsp honey, maple syrup, or date syrup for depth of flavor
- (optional) 1/4 tsp beetroot powder–my kids like to have pink cocoa 🙂
- Combine cocoa powder, salt, sweetener, beet powder, and syrup/honey in crockpot.
- Fill crockpot to the top with water. Whisk as well as you can (it won’t incorporate perfectly) and set crockpot on low overnight.
- In the morning add vanilla extract. Blend in a bullet or use immersion blender for frothiness.
- Spoon into mugs and serve with cream, milk, or nut milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon.