This is a wonderful blend of nostalgic fall flavors mixed into one nutty, sweet slice. Everything easy, leftover, and extra, not already used in a recipe or set aside for something to be cooked later, thrown into one pan of magic. We made this for Thanksgiving breakfast. It can be dessert. It pairs wonderfully with a cup of coffee, although the kids preferred milk.
There is no crust. There is no fuss. Simply mix it all together, pour it in a pan, and bake!
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar/swerve
- 2-3 carrots shredded
- 1-2 large apple, shredded
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 3 tbsp oil, plus more for greasing
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp molasses, 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 1/8 cup coconut or almond flour (to thicken)
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Shred apple and carrot with a food processor or cheese grater.
- In a large bowl mix carrot, apple, pecans, sweeteners, flour, flaxseed, spices, and coffee. Taste (make sure you like it!) Adjust to taste.
- Add oil and eggs. Mix well.
- Spread into greased pan or baking tin. Bake 40-45 minutes or until visibly set.
- Allow to cool and serve.