My husband’s favorite cookie is the snickerdoodle, and for good reason! They are full of delicious, cinnamon goodness. Enjoy!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar/swerve
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup softened salted butter or unsalted + 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- Note: granulated swerve or other alternative sweetener works fine, but you’ll have to dust your cookies in the cinnamon mix afterwards instead of before cooking. I’ve noticed erythritol just dissolves into the cookie if it’s coated on beforehand.
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar/sweetener
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with granulated sweetener until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix for 1-2 minutes until incorporated.
- Add in almond flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- optional, but recommended: move dough to refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. This makes rolling balls easier.
- In a smaller bowl combine sugar and cinnamon and mix. If you’re using regular sugar, you can roll into 1 inch balls and coat the cookies well in the mixture. If not, wait and coat after baking.
- Place balls on parchment paper on 2 large baking sheets and bake for 14-17 minutes or until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.