Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! If you’re like me and prepare everything for the holidays at the last minute, then this is for you.
I tend to buy flowers, change the water a few times, and then leave them dying in the vase. Today this tendency actually proved itself useful when I decided to make fall decorations for Thursday:
You can do this alone or with your kids, up to you.
- A mason jar (or many of different sizes)
- Fresh, dried, or dying flowers
- Optional: coordinating ribbon
- Cut the flower heads off of stems. Discard stems.
- Pluck the petals from most of the flowers. Leave some intact for variety and dimension. My kids liked this part!
- Arrange flowers and petals in mason jars. Have fun! Top with a large flower.