This is a wonderful blend of nostalgic fall flavors mixed into one nutty, sweet slice. Everything easy, leftover, and extra, not already used in a recipe or set aside for something to be cooked later, thrown into one pan of magic. We made this for Thanksgiving breakfast. It can be dessert. It pairs wonderfully with a cup of coffee, although the kids preferred milk.
There is no crust. There is no fuss. Simply mix it all together, pour it in a pan, and bake!
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar/swerve
- 2-3 carrots shredded
- 1-2 large apple, shredded
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 3 tbsp oil, plus more for greasing
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp molasses, 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 1/8 cup coconut or almond flour (to thicken)
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Shred apple and carrot with a food processor or cheese grater.
- In a large bowl mix carrot, apple, pecans, sweeteners, flour, flaxseed, spices, and coffee. Taste (make sure you like it!) Adjust to taste.
- Add oil and eggs. Mix well.
- Spread into greased pan or baking tin. Bake 40-45 minutes or until visibly set.
- Allow to cool and serve.
I should preface this with a disclaimer: frequently I do not really measure my recipes, most of the time I am eyeballing it. I made these with hope one morning, but never expected how fantastic the results would be. Butter pecan ice cream is my absolute favorite flavor, and these are definitely an acceptable healthy alternative.
Adding some heavy cream would be a wonderful way to make them more creamy and less buttery as well (thanks, Aunt Janie!)
Butter Pecan Fat Bombs
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
Or sweetener of choice to taste
Line mini muffin tray with liners or use silicon molds. An ice cube tray works as well. Fill your trays with crushed pecans.
Melt your salted and unsalted butter together on the stove. Add sweetener and vanilla.
Pour over pecans. Place in refrigerator or freezer to set.
Store in refrigerator. They should easily pop out if tray when pressed on one side. Enjoy!