This quick, easy to do strudel topping is a magical accompaniment to many classics: cheesecake desserts, muffins, pumpkin pie custard, yogurt, whipped cream and berries…the possibilities are limited only to your imagination!
- 1/4 cup brown swerve/sugar
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Combine in food processor and pulse until smooth. Sprinkle on desired dessert and enjoy!
If you’re looking for snack ideas for a low carb diet sometimes it can feel like quick and easy options are limited. One of the go-to snacks in our house is pork rinds, but let’s be honest, that gets so incredibly boring. I always get burnt out on pork skins pretty quickly.
That’s where the dip comes in: having a wonderful, creamy dip really ups the ante. This flavorful concoction contains both avocado and sour cream, packing quite the punch in terms of fat content. This amount is for 2-4 people, but can easily be multiplied for larger groups.
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Spices: I used 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp chili powder or cayenne , 1/4 tsp oregano, a pinch of salt, a dash of black pepper, and a dash of cumin.
- In a small bowl mash avocado and lime juice with a fork.
2. Add spices and mix.
3. Add sour cream and mix until well combined.
See? Quick and easy!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream (optional, omit for dairy free)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Whisk ingredients together well with a fork or whisk.
- Using a container with a pour spout or large spoon, pour onto griddle or nonstick pan. Cook on medium heat until batter becomes bubbly throughout.
- Flip and cook 1-2 more minutes. Remove from pan.
We usually just top these with butter, but the possibilities are vast–you can use whipped cream, fruit, maple syrup, honey, or cinnamon butter!